November 1, 2010:
- Today I am thankful for my Mama because she is the most amazing person in this world. She has had a VERY rough year & each day continues to push through her pain everyday. She amazes me in her strength & determination. She also believes in me & pushes me when I feel like nothing good is happening. She has been my biggest cheerleader with my weight loss & I can't thank her enough for that. She tries her very hardest at everything she does. She is crafty, smart, funny, tough, caring & all around a great person. I thank God everyday that she's getting better.
November 2, 2010:
- Today I am thankful for my VERY best friend in the WHOLE world Larissa. We have been friends for many years. We met through work at the pool but our friendship has carried out beyond that. I MISS her everyday since she moved to Colorado. She also has had a VERY rough year personally. Her husband Herman is in the Army & has been gone for many, many months to Georgia for training. In the last 12 months she has had 2 miscarriages which have been very traumatic. I was able to be there to help as much as I could for 1 of them but I couldn't physically be there for the loss of the 2nd one. She has a VERY strong belief in GOD (no, she is not L.D.S.) & I admire her strength. I also believe as much as she needs me that I need her & that God knew we needed each other. She has seen me at my VERY WORST & VERY BEST & still LOVES me which is saying A LOT. I can't imagine my life without her & treasure anytime we get to spend together. We talk almost everyday on the phone which I am very thankful for. I can't wait to see her in just a couple of weeks :) I<3 my BFF.
November 3, 2010:
- Today I am thankful for an amazing teacher named Mackenzie that works at 24 hour fitness. She always has a smile on her face even when she is not feeling well. She is the most upbeat person I know. She teaches a few classes that I try to attend just because she teaches them. She makes me feel like I belong in the class even if I am doing it all wrong. She knows about my brain injury & continues to try and help me. I NEVER thought I'd like spin class but she really makes it enjoyable. She picks great music, has a great attitude, gives me rides occasionally (which I'm sure she hates...
loves). I'm thankful for her all around love & support. I hope one day we can hangout outside the gym as real friends but I don't if she wants that. But, I'm still thankful for all she does everyday.
- Today I am thankful for my friend Chantele. She is one friend here in Utah that I can count on. She lets me hang out with her & her sweet boys. We do errands & fun things but most importantly we hang out & just talk. We do have just girls night out too but I love hanging with her family just as much. I am thankful for face book & it reconnecting me with her. We met as elementary friends & then were cheerleaders together. She was nice to me when other kids teased me. Our brothers are the same age so they played years & years of sports together which put us together but, we lost touch when her husbands job took him overseas. I'm so thankful for our blossoming friendship everyday. I love walking/exercising with her & playing with her boys. I love how beautiful she is outside and especially inside. She is a very giving person. She has accepted me with my brain injury & that I don't drive & NEVER seems put out if I need a ride. I'm thankful for all the things she includes me in...it may not seem like a big deal to her for me to just accompany her on her errands but I really do love just the time together.
- Today I am thankful that I am a member of the church. I may not go all the time but, I believe it with all my heart. I am thankful that I will get to see my granny again. I am not going to go into great detail here because it is something that is VERY close to my heart. And, I'd like to keep it that way.
- Today I am thankful for my brother B.J. & Sister-in-law Jamie inspire me everyday by what Great parents they are. My nephew Cache is extremely happy & it shows by the parenting he is receiving. Also, My brother ran/walked in my 1st 5k to support me & that meant a lot to me. We talked & just had a very good time & I'm so thankful for his love & friendship.
- Today I am thankful for my sister-in-law Jamie. She & I started off a little rocky but I am truly thankful for her in our family. She really made my day when she let me feed my Nephew Cache for the 1st time. She also used my idea for Cache's Halloween pictures which meant a lot to me but even more she added her own personal touches to it and made it even better. Thank you for being understanding about my brain injury & continuing to try & make things work :) I LOVE being an aunt.